17 April 2013

- Chiaroscuro : light and dark -

*Chiaroscuro (English pronunciation: /kiˌɑːrəˈskjʊəroʊ/; Italian: [kjarosˈkuːro]; Italian for light-dark) in art is the use of strong contrasts between light and dark, usually bold contrasts affecting a whole composition. It is also a technical term used by artists and art historians for using contrasts of light to achieve a sense of volume in modelling three-dimensional objects such as the human body.[1] Similar effects in the lighting of cinema and photography are also often called chiaroscuro.* (source)

I took these photos of my hands - nope, make that my nails, hehe - late last year, as it was my first time having matte nails and I planned on blogging about it then (but as you guys know, the blogging part was delayed. Hehe.). :) But the pictures turned out to be more artistic than for 'technical' review, so here they are:

[ I love matte nails. But I haven't found the perfect gray shade yet.]
[ My hands look aged in this pic. Really, they're not. #conscious ]
 
This was taken during nighttime, with my room lights turned off. My only light source was the Softbox Pro app on my iPad. But you have to be really close to the iPad to use the light. Kaya hindi ko ginagamit yung app for my lightbox - it's a weak lightsource for me.
 
By the way, these pictures are unfiltered. I just sharpened them a bit and that's it. I like the play of light and shadows on my hands. Experiment with light sources - your pictures can surprise you. :)
 

 

0 scrawlings:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting