17 March 2013

- Nailed It: Wet 'n Wild's Megalast Nail Color -

I love going to a nail spa for my 'me-time'. Aside from the free internet and relaxing spa music, nothing beats the feeling of having someone pamper your hands and feet - and take out entirely lahat ng dry skin ko sa toenails! Kung ako lang, di ko abot ang toenails ko - at sasakit lang ng bongga ang likod ko! And malamang sugat-sugat ang sides ng kuko ko kakasnip ko ala-Edward Scissorhands with the nipper! (fine, old school nga ako. Hehe.)


Sometimes, I do get tired of salon nail polish colors... so I set out to find colors I really like, then ask my suking ateng manicurista to apply it after my usual cleaning. I went through a gray nail color phase late last year and amassed different shades of gray nail polish... but I couldn't resist picking up this pretty color from Wet 'n Wild's Megalast line aptly called Haze of Love.



My camera didn't quite get how nice this shade is... it's reddish brown na parang very deep mauve din. A basta, it's a really unique shade that's perfect for office wear and pang-party na rin. The bottle comes with a new kind of brush - the "manicurve pro brush" - that's flat and wide enough to cover the whole nail with one stroke.


You can see that the brush picks up a lot of color than ordinary round brushes, so you can apply a good amount of color in the first coat alone.

Here's how it looks like under direct sunlight. Ganda, no? I think this color complements almost all skin tones. On chipping, I think mine took around 3 days kasi I do household chores - gustong-gusto ko magkuskos ng pinggan 'till they're sparkling clean. Well, so much for trying to make my hands look lady-like. One trick I've discovered is to apply clear polish after 3-4 days after your spa manicure for "retouching" and to make your manicure look "fresh"... that is, if wala pang chips ang nails nyo. Else, wag na. Sayang ang clear polish. Hehe. My pedicure, done with the same color, lasted 2 weeks without chips, in fer.
 

Check out the rest of the Megalast line - they've got nice colors and really last long!!


What: Wet 'n Wild Megalast Nail Polish in Haze of Love

Where: Watson's SM Southmall (and other Watson branches and leading department stores)

How much: Php 199.00

 

0 scrawlings:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting