08 June 2013

Nailed It: Opi Nail Lacquer Liquid Sand Collection - Can't Let Go


When I visited my suking Nail to Toe nail spa a few months back and was browsing through their nail polish collection, their super-efficient front desk manager Jenny suggested trying out a color from Opi's Liquid Sand Collection. I looked for the Liquid Sand Collection nail polish swatches, and found that this collection has a rough matte, glittery finish. I was hesitant to try it because I always wanted my nails to have a smooth finish, but I'm glad I decided to try it!


Gathering from the Opi UK website, Opi's Liquid Sand Collection - launched earlier this year, has 4 liquid sand limited edition shades. Mariah Carey is the face of this particular collection, as "her music, which includes 18 Billboard No. 1 singles, served as a wonderful inspiration for glamorous, sultry, vibrant colors. (Source)" The Opi-Mariah collaboration also has 4 other shades aside from the liquid sand collection. I choose the shade that Mariah was wearing in the ad - the Liquid Sand Collection's "Can't Let Go." (Awwwwch. Bagay talaga sakin. Hehe. #lahatrelated)
I would describe "Can't let go" as a deep violet-blue shade - I can't resist anything violet! But for the life of me, my camera couldn't really capture the exact true color of this beautiful polish! Only the blue color shows up! But it's really a very nice blue-based polish that shows off its violet side once hit by light. Really pretty - if only it'll show up in my pictures. Sigh.

Here's a great shot from The Daily Varnish where the violet tone really showed up:

Now here are my shots:
[Under direct sunlight. Love how the glitters caught the sun!]
[Pardon my chubby longganisa toes. Hehe.]
[Under the shade]

Like I said earlier, the finish is a rough matte, glittery one. No top coat is applied to show off the polish's finish. I remember Jenny telling me that since it's got a rough surface, it's much more chip-resistant - and it was! Normally, my nails stay chip-free 3 days tops, then it's downhill from there. But this strong polish lasted me a week bago nag-chip! Nice! And secretly, I enjoy running my fingertips over the rough surface - di ko lam kung bakit. Hehe.
Yun lang, because it's kinda chip-resistant, it's hard to take it off with just one swipe of acetone - you need to scrub your nail a bit harder to get all the glittery stuff off. Nevertheless, it's a great polish and I never thought it would complement my skin color! :)
Have you tried Opi's Liquid Sand Collection? If you haven't, I suggest you do for a different look!


0 scrawlings:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting