18 March 2014

Home-made: Craving for Spaghetti!

I LOVE spaghetti. Even after my addiction with finding the perfect carbonara (which, of course is courtesy of Ate T again and will be reserved for another post!), I will always come back to that rich, red, chunky, and cheesy sauce perfectly enveloping al dente spaghetti noodles... my gash, kaka-spaghetti ko lang kahapon and I'm craving it again! Hehe!

But I have high standards in eating spaghetti. As in snob ako. Harhar. For me, only Ate T's spaghetti makes my day. Ready-made sauces don't even make the cut for me. Kung wala talagang pang-spaghetti na ingredients sa bahay, a quick run to Jollibee for their spaghetti temporarily satisfies my spag craving. After eating, diretcho akong supermarket to buy ingredients so Ate can cook na for my next meal. Hihi! #spaghettiaddict

Since i've been raving about Ate's cooking (and you, my dear reader, are probably craving spaghetti already!), lemme share how she does this addicting spaghetti sauce that I've been wolfing down for more than 3 decades (aaakkk! Ang tanda ko na!) - so let's gowh and do this! :)

A. Ingredients
1 kilo spaghetti noodles (cook according to package instructions)
1/2 kilo pork and 1/2 kilo beef, grounded and mixed
6 pieces medium-sized hotdogs, sliced
1 bulb of garlic, big
1 big onion (i prefer the violet variety for its "kick")
1 bottle of ketchup
1 pack tomato sauce, medium
1 pack tomato paste, small
1 bar of cheese
2 tablespoons white sugar
Salt and pepper to taste

B. Baby Steps

1. Skin and chop both the garlic and onion into smaller pieces. Pour a little oil into a hot pan, then saute the garlic first, then the onion, over medium heat. (Tip: onions turn transparent when cooked.)


2. Put in the ground beef and pork, and mix thoroughly with the onions and garlic. Cover and mix once in a while until meat turns brown.


3. Now add in the sliced hotdogs.


4. Season with a dash of both salt and pepper.



5. Empty the pack of tomato sauce into the pan. Mix well...


6. ... followed by the small pack of tomato paste. Again, mix it in.


7. Pour the whole bottle of ketchup into the mixture. After pouring the ketchup, fill 1/2 of the ketchup bottle with boiled/drinking water, and add to the mixture/sauce.



8. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar into the sauce to sweeten the taste a bit. Also, you can already add in cheese (grated, sliced or cubed) for a more cheesy taste. (I like my spaghetti to have loads and loads of cheese. Daga ata ako sa past life ko. Hihi.) 

Taste and season more if needed. 


And there you have it - the best spaghetti sauce for me!


Pour it over your previously cooked spaghetti noodles and top with grated cheese if desired. (Ako, desire na desire ko ang maraming cheeese. Sigh. #calciumnamaneh)

Serve piping hot with garlic bread - yummy! 


Doesn't this look mouthwatering?! Hay. Spaghetti just makes me so happy, I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner... and magtitira pa ako for eating after a few days, hehhe! My friend R, who once had the chance to taste this sa bahay, ay super nasarapan... Ginawa nyang dip for the pesto chips we were having as a snack!

Do try this recipe - you will never again have ready-made sauces (well, except kung biglaang bisita,hihi! )! That's a promise!

0 scrawlings:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting